– Photo: Social Media
hear the news
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has issued an advisory to all television channels on Monday (January 9). The government asked TV channels to stop telecasting disturbing videos and photographs. The government has warned TV channels that images of blood, dead bodies and physical assault against the program code are disturbing. The ministry has issued this advisory after several cases of lack of discretion by television channels were noticed.
Ministry of I&B cautions TV channels against broadcasting disturbing footages, distressing images. Gory images of blood, dead bodies, physical assault are distressing, against Program Code. No editing being done of violent videos being taken from social media by channels. pic.twitter.com/TZQyY6U0pE
— ANI (@ANI) January 9, 2023
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting said that violent videos taken from social media are being released by television channels without any editing, due to which it has a bad effect on women and children. The ministry said that television channels have shown bodies of persons and blood splatter all around, accidents including violence and even footage and photographs of injured persons on TV and this is disturbing.
The ministry said that the pictures of blood, dead bodies and physical assault are against the program code of TV channels. It has been said in the advisory that such violent and disturbing news have an adverse effect on the psychology of children. The government has released a list of programs and broadcast content for example.
- 30.12.2022: Painful pictures and videos of the cricketer injured in the accident were shown without editing and blurring.
- 28.08.2022: Disturbing footage of a man dragging a body with blood splattered all over it was shown.
- 06-07-2020: A teacher was shown brutally thrashing a 5-year-old boy in a coaching class room in Bihar’s capital Patna. Also this video clip was shown without muting, in which the painful screams of the child begging for mercy can be heard. This video clip was shown for about 9 minutes.
- 04-06-2022: Shown the painful pictures of the dead body of a Punjabi singer without blurring.
- 25-05-2022: A heart-wrenching incident of a man brutally beating two minor boys with a stick in Chirang district of Assam was shown in the video. In the video, the man who was mercilessly thrashing the boys with sticks can be clearly seen. The clip was played without blurring or muting, in which even the cries of the boys could be heard clearly.
- 16-05-2022: A woman advocate brutally assaulted by her neighbor in Karnataka’s Bagalkot district is shown continuously without blur.
- 04-05-2022: Video showing a man killing his own sister in Rajapalayam, Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu.
- 01-05-2022: A video of a man being hanged upside down from a tree and brutally thrashed by five people was shown in Bilaspur district of Chhattisgarh.
- 12-04-2022: In a video, the painful scenes of five dead bodies were shown continuously without blurring.
- 11-04-2022: A man was shown brutally assaulting his 84-year-old mother in Kollam, Kerala, in a 12-minute video without blurring a man can be seen thrashing and mercilessly beating his mother continuously Could
- 07-04-2022: Video of an old man throwing a lit matchstick at his son in Bengaluru without blurring has been circulated repeatedly.
- 22-03-2022: Video of a 14-year-old minor boy being thrashed in Morigaon district of Assam was played without blurring and muting it. In the video, the boy can be heard crying and pleading as he is mercilessly thrashed.